3D-Aldehyde functionalized beads
for direct coupling of NH²-containing molecules.
Aldehyde groups react immediately with NH²-groups or other suitable functional groups of the probe to form a covalent bond with the surface. Thus, no activation of the bead surface is necessary prior to binding of the probe. The 3D-Aldehyde matrix has an integrated spacer structure to ensure optimal binding conditions. If necessary, the loading with Aldehyde groups can be adapted to the specific application.
- Aldehyde groups bind to Amines, Hydrazines, and Aminoalkoxyacetyl-modified molecules
- No activation of surface with e.g. glutaraldehyde necessary
- Suitable for one-step coupling of biomolecules
- Gentle immobilization without cross-linking of biomolecules
- Attached biomolecules can be stabilized by reducing the imines with sodium cyanoborohydride
PolyAn can functionalize all beads from our portfolio with an Aldehyde surface:
- Transparent beads
- Fluorescence encoded microparticles
- Multiplex bead populations with up to 25 peaks for flow cytometry and fluorescence imaging systems
- Fluorescence encoded submicron beads (nanoparticles)
As part of our functionalization services PolyAn is now also offering the custom modification of beads with probes. Please do not hesitate to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions regarding our products. We are looking forward to your inquiry.
For a detailed description of PolyAn's 3D-Aldehyde bead surfaces please read:
- Roloff, A. et al., `Quantification of Aldehydes on Polymeric Microbead Surfaces via Catch and Release of Reporter Chromophores´, Anal. Chem., 2019, 91, 8827. DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.8b05515.