PolyAn’s high-performance polymer microparticles are functionalized with a 3D surface chemistry comprised of a long-chain polymer with a defined number of reactive groups. In contrast to conventional coating procedures, the reactive polymer is covalently linked to the surface.
PolyAn offers the following surfaces for immobilization of DNA, peptides and proteins:
- 3D-Carboxy for EDC/EDAC mediated coupling
- 3D-Aldehyde for one-step binding of biomolecules
- 3D-Alkyne and 3D-Azide for "click chemistry"
- Streptavidin and Neutravidin for coupling of biotinylated biomolecules
- Protein A/G for binding of IgG
Unspecific binding and aggregation of biomolecules is reduced by our antifouling functionality. Our rigorous quality control procedures according to ISO 9001 ensure the constant loading and low batch-to-batch variation necessary for molecular diagnostics and pharma screening.
By using MSE-technology, a thin polymer shell of a few nanometers, consisting of reactive groups, is formed on the surface. This occurs without changing the excellent physical and optical properties of the PMMA-core.