PolyAn’s high-performance polymer microparticles are functionalized with a 3D-surface chemistry comprised of a long-chain polymer with a defined number of reactive groups. In contrast to conventional coating procedures, the reactive polymer is covalently linked to the surface.
PMMA Microparticles (Beads)
By using MSE-technology, a thin polymer shell of a few nanometers, consisting of functional groups, is anchored on the bead surface. This occurs without changing the physical and optical properties of the PMMA core. Our 3D-functionalized particles are suitable for covalent coupling of molecules or for ionic interaction.
PolyAn offers the following surfaces for immobilization of DNA, peptides, proteins and other (bio-)molecules:
- 3D-Carboxy for EDC/NHS mediated coupling
- 3D-Aldehyde for one-step binding of biomolecules
- 3D-Azide, 3D-Alkyne, 3D-DBCO and 3D-MTZ for "click chemistry"
- Streptavidin and Neutravidin for coupling of biotinylated biomolecules
- Antibody coupling via direct bioconjugation or via Protein A/G
- Hydrophobic surface for directed immobilization of amphiphilic biomolecules
Unspecific binding and aggregation of biomolecules is reduced by our low aggregation matrix. Our rigorous quality control procedures according to ISO 9001 ensure the constant loading and low batch-to-batch variation necessary for molecular diagnostics and pharma screening.