Surface functionalized Microparticles
PolyAn’s high-performance polymer microparticles are functionalized with a 3D-surface chemistry comprised of a long-chain polymer with a defined number of reactive groups. In contrast to conventional coating procedures, the reactive polymer is covalently linked to the surface.
PMMA Microparticles (Beads)
By using MSE-technology, a thin polymer shell of a few nanometers, consisting of functional groups, is anchored on the bead surface. This occurs without changing the physical and optical properties of the PMMA core. Our 3D-functionalized particles are suitable for covalent coupling of molecules or for ionic interaction.
PolyAn offers the following surfaces for immobilization of DNA, peptides, proteins and other (bio-)molecules:
- 3D-Carboxy for EDC/NHS mediated coupling
- 3D-Aldehyde for one-step binding of biomolecules
- 3D-Azide, 3D-Alkyne, 3D-DBCO and 3D-MTZ for "click chemistry"
- Streptavidin and Neutravidin for coupling of biotinylated biomolecules
- Antibody coupling via direct bioconjugation or via Protein A/G
Unspecific binding and aggregation of biomolecules is reduced by our low aggregation matrix. Our rigorous quality control procedures according to ISO 9001 ensure the constant loading and low batch-to-batch variation necessary for molecular diagnostics and pharma screening.