- for the routine calibration of fluorescence microscopes
- for automated fluorescence imaging systems, e.g. scanning cytometry
PolyAn’s calibration slides are designed for the routine calibration of confocal fluorescence microscopes and other fluorescence imaging systems. They are prepared by mounting statistically distributed monodisperse PMMA beads that contain ultra-stable fluorophores onto standard 75 x 25 x 1 mm glass slides. The beads are protected from mechanical stress with a coverglass.
We can also mount other fluorescent and non-fluorescent particles in any size between 5-15 µm onto our slides. Please do not hesitate to contact us (email@example.com), if you are interested in a set of calibration slides that is tailored to your specific application and/or read-out system.
Optical key features:
- Ultra thin monolayer on glass slides (alternative formats available upon request) ensures that there are no out of focus particles
- Homogeneous particle size and fluorescence intensity
- Single particles, no particle aggregates and homogeneous, statistical particle distribution
- Suitable for all automated fluorescence imaging systems
The calibration slides are used to determine the sensitivity and system performance.
Stability of fluorophores
For calibration applications PolyAn uses fluorophores that meet the highest quality requirements for fluorescence stability even after very long exposure times. This ensures that the calibration slides can be used up to 100-200 times with minimal loss of fluorescence intensity. The calibration slides have a good longterm stability, e.g. less than 0.5 % decrease in fluorescence intensity after storage for 1 month at 37°C.
Selected publications & downloads
- Roggenbuck D, Hiemann R, Bogdanos D, Reinhold D, Conrad K., Standardization of automated interpretation of immunofluorescence tests. Clin Chim Acta. 2013 Jun 5;421:168-9. doi: 10.1016/j.cca.2013.03.019. Epub 2013 Mar 26.
- Roggenbuck D, Hiemann R, Schierack P, Reinhold D, Conrad K., Digital immunofluorescence enables automated detection of antinuclear antibody endpoint titers avoiding serial dilution. In: Clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine. - Berlin [u.a.] : De Gruyter; Bd. 52.2014, 2, S. e9-e11
PolyAn product flyer Fluorescence Calibration Slide