PolyAn’s Multiplex Bead Assay Particles are designed for the development of multiplex assays that can be analyzed using a flow cytometer or fluorescence imaging based platforms, e.g. fluorescence microscope based systems:
- Flow Cytometry Systems: PolyAn Red4 - up to 25 populations of single color encoded beads
- Flow Cytometry Systems: PolyAn Blue - up to 8 populations of single color encoded beads, that can be combined with the 25-plex PolyAn Red4 Multiplex Bead Set
- Flow Cytometry and fluorescence microscope based systems: PolyAn Red5 - up to 6 populations of single color encoded beads
- Fluorescence microscope systems: Dual color encoded Multiplex Beads - up to 18 populations of dual color encoded beads
- Customized development of multiplex sets for OEM-applications
PolyAn’s multiplex assay technology utilizes multiple bead populations differentiated by size and different levels of fluorescence intensity and/or fluorophores. With multiple sizes of beads and multiple levels of fluorescence intensity in each bead size, the PolyAn Plex technology can measure up to 25 analytes simultaneously in a single reaction.
Each bead set is conjugated with a specific biomolecule (such as an oligonucleotide, peptide or antibody) on the surface and serves as the capture bead for that particular analyte. When a selected panel of capture beads are mixed together and incubated with an unknown sample containing target analytes, each analyte will be bound by its specific capture bead.
After washing, detection antibodies are added and each detection antibody will bind to its specific analyte bound on the capture beads, thus forming capture bead-analyte-detection antibody sandwiches.
PolyAn offers the design of multiplex beads for proprietary analytics systems. Please do not hesitate to contact us, if you are interested in the OEM-production of multiplex beads for your specific systems.