Spectrum Calibration Beads
PolyAn’s Spectrum Calibration Beads are designed for calibration of flow cytometers and other fluorescence imaging systems. Each color-encoded PMMA bead population (peak) contains a mixture of fluorophores that allows performance validation at all wavelengths.
Spectrum Calibration Beads (8-peak) consisting of one transparent population (only detectable in FL3 ) and 7 fluorescent populations with increasing fluorophore content for all channels. Measurement with QA Quantum-P flow cytometer (excitation laser line at 488 nm).
- Contains a mixture of fluorophores that enables the Spectrum Calibration Beads to be excited at any wavelength from 365 nm to 650 nm.
- Fluorophores are homogeneously encapsulated in the PMMA matrix. Special shell prevents leaching of fluorophores.
- Allows the calibration of the FITC, PE, PE-TR, PE-Cy5, and APC channels with the same set of particles.
- Set of up to 8 similar size microparticle populations (peaks) with different fluorescence intensities. The fluorescence intensities in separate channels can be tailored to specific requirements, if needed.
Individual packaging, other sizes and alternative fluorescence intensities (peaks) are available upon request. Please contact our customer service for a custom development.
Selected Publications and References
- Rosendahl, P. et al., `Real-time fluorescence and deformability cytometry´, Nat. Methods, 2018, 15, 355. DOI: 10.1038/nmeth.4639.
Volkmann, K.v. et al., "Comparison study of flow cytometers combining novel ultra-bright calibration particles with state-of-the-art characterization methods" (download poster here)