PolyAn’s Spectrum Calibration Beads are designed for calibration of flow cytometers and other fluorescence imaging systems. Each color encoded PMMA bead population (peak) contains a mixture of fluorophores that allows performance validation at all wavelengths.
8-peak Spectrum Calibration Beads with increasing fluorophore content for all channels. One transparent population (only in FL3 detectable) and 7 fluorescence encoded populations. Measurement with QA Quantum P flow cytometer. Excitation laser line at 488 nm.
- Contains a mixture of fluorophores that enable the Spectrum Calibration Beads to be excited at any wavelength from 365 nm to 650 nm.
- Fluorophores are homogeneously encapsulated in the PMMA matrix. A special shell prevents the leaching of fluorophores.
- Allows the calibration of the FITC, PE, PE-TR, PE-Cy5, and APC channels (or analogue fluorophores) with the same set of particles.
- Set of up to 8 similar size microparticle populations (peaks) with different fluorescence intensities.
- P. Rosendalh, K. Plak, A. Jacobi, M. Kraeter, N. Toepfner, O. Otto, C. Herold, M. Winzi, M. Herbig, Y. Ge, S. Girardo, K. Wagner, B. Baum, J. Guck: Real-time fluorescence and deformability cytometry, 2018, Nature Methods 15, 355-358.
Volkmann, K.v. et al., "Comparison study of flow cytometers combining novel ultra-bright calibration particles with state-of-the-art characterization methods" (download poster here)