3D-Aldehyde functionalized beads for direct coupling of biomolecules
Aldehyde groups react immediately with the NH2-terminus or other suitable functional groups of the probe to form a (covalent) bond with the surface. Thus, no activation of the bead surface is necessary prior to binding of the probe. The 3D-Aldehyde matrix has an integrated spacer structure to ensure optimal binding conditions. If necessary, the loading with Aldehyde groups can be adapted to the specific application.
- Aldehyde groups bind to Amines, Hydrazines and Aminoalkoxyacetyl modified biomolecules
- Suitable for one-step coupling of biomolecules, no activation of surface with Glutaraldehyde necessary
- Different Aldehyde loadings on beads are possible
- Wide range of sizes to choose from - 2 μm to 20 μm
- Both transparent and fluorescence encoded beads as well as multiplex beads are available
For a detailed description of PolyAn's 3D-Aldehyde bead surfaces please read:
Roloff, A.; Nirmalananthan-Budau, N.; Rühle, B.; Borcherding, H.; Thiele, T.; Schedler, U.; Resch-Genger, U.; Quantification of Aldehydes on Polymeric Microbead Surfaces via Catch and Release of Reporter Chromophores, Analytical Chemistry 2019, 91, 14, 8827-8834.
PolyAn can functionalize all beads from our portfolio with the new 3D-Aldehyde surfaces:
- Transparent beads
- Fluorescence encoded beads
- Multiplex bead populations with up to 25 peaks for flow cytometry and fluorescence imaging systems
As part of our functionalization services PolyAn is now also offering the custom modification of beads with probes. Please do not hesitate to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions regarding our products. We are looking forward to your inquiry.